Sunday, October 09, 2005

How Great are His Tender Mercies

This past April I was listening to Elder David A. Bednar,
of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, give his second conference address after being called to be a new apostle of Jesus Christ. He was giving his talk called The Tender Mercies of the Lord
(For full talk ). In that talk he asked what tender mercies are and said, "through personal study, observation, pondering, and prayer, I believe I have come to better understand that the Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits "his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men"
As I listened to his talk the spirit whispered to me that I had received many of God's tender mercies. As soon as I could get a hold of the text, I read and reread it. And in the weeks that followed I started a list on my palm pilot of the tender mercies that I have had and continue to receive. There are so many that I can't begin to write them all down. But there are a few that I would like to share on this blog.
Also, I welcome any Tender Mercy stories you may have and want to share here.
Thanks for being part of my life and sharing your amazing stories with me. May God bless you with His tender mercies!
For "truly, 'the Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works'" (Psalm 145:9).

3 comments:

Nevada News said...

OpenDocument gathers worldwide support
The Fellowship, formed in September, has attracted support and interest from around the globe.
Man, the price of Reno Nevada Real Estate are crazy! Prices for Reno Land for Salehave doubled. Should I buy now or wait? You can however advertise your house for sale. The Reno Real Estate Market lists your home for a lot less than the RGJ. I listed my house for sale and it sold in just 3 days.

Rosa Benito said...

100 blogs in 100 days, day 44: Najaraba.com
Initially the comments were about free software, as I have published a work about new model bussiness with free software.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Melanie Alamo said...

Weekend shorts
Follow-ups, catch-ups and clearing off the desk for Columbus Day... Sunday's L.A ... Veronique du Turenne reports in the LAT Magazine on the bleak prospects for the last Santa Monica Mountains cougars .
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!